A Dozen Reasons to Choose Electric Scooters Over Cars
Why are electric scooters so popular? Moreover, why should a commuter choose riding an electric scooter for adults rather than ride in a car? Well, cars may offer better comfort and convenience than e-scooters, but depending on one’s commuting needs, a dozen reasons were given by commuters that have made them and many others switch over to electric scooters.
1. Sustainable Commutes/Eco-friendly/Zero emission. A major reason that more people opt to ride electric scooters over cars is due to their zero emissions. Cities and commuters are becoming more eco-conscious and are slowly shifting towards sustainable living. Personal electric micro-mobility devices (PEMDs) like e-scooters and e-bikes, offer carbon emission-free rides, and are fast becoming popular in recent years.
E-scooter parts are mostly recyclable. Having sustainable parts help reduce waste in landfills and prevent pollution in land and seas. Although the e-scooters contribute in small ways, their impact over time will prove significant in large numbers and the future.
2. Affordable Ride/Cost efficient. Private electric scooters offer a more affordable option for commuters, especially for low-income individuals and families. E-scooters are significantly cheaper than cars, from its retail price to maintenance. Other expenses, like fuel costs, parking fees, and maintenance costs, cost lower than cars. Overall, they make cost-efficient personal transportation, especially for those who need daily rides for work, school, and doing errands.
3. Low/less Maintenance. Electric scooters include fewer and less complicated parts than a car. This means you don’t have to take it to monthly or quarterly maintenance checks. What’s more, you don’t have to worry about high costs for certain parts. E-scooters rarely break down, unless you push them beyond their limits. As long as you ride, clean, and store your electric scooter properly, you don’t have to worry about its maintenance.
4. Saves you money. The average annual cost to own a car in Australia is around $10,478. That covers paying for fuel, registration, repair, parts replacement, maintenance, and other necessities. All of these is in addition to the cost of buying a car.
Besides the maintenance, inside and out, there would be alterations like color, tire, etc. Overall, just by having and maintaining a car, it will literally cost the owner thousands of dollars, not to mention the depreciation every year.
About 24 percent of Australian commuters use public transport. With Sydney being the most expensive city, public transport costs about $151.45 a month, which would make Australia the second most expensive public transport in the world.
Thus, electric scooters, on the other hand, have become a trend for a faster and hassle-free commute. Obviously, it also costs significantly less than an average car. The Mearth S Pro only costs $899, which is more than ten times cheaper than an average car, even with all the expenses that comes with it annually. Further, electric scooters can help you save on fuel costs. The average cost of at least $2,500 spent per year on fuel is used by cars. This same amount of money can already be used on other essentials such as groceries and a family’s other important needs.
5. Perfect for Short-distance trips/efficient travel. Most commutes include short-distance trips only. However, cars are rather inconvenient to use in short distance trips. The hassle of parking, fuel, and cost are discouraging. But e-scooters fills this gap in personal transport and provide a quick and efficient way to travel to nearby locations. Better yet, they help solve first and last-mile concerns. E-scooters are portable enough to be carried and brought inside public transportation, allowing riders better flexibility when commuting.
6. Quick and Efficient Personal Transport. Electric scooters may only have two wheels and a smaller engine, but it doesn’t fall short of speed. Some electric scooters can ride up to 70 kph, like the Mearth GTS MAX. But even when most e-scooters can only ride up to 25 km/h or less in public in Australia, the limited top speed is enough to weave through traffic and arrive at your destination quickly. Overall, riding electric scooters help cut down travel time by taking shorter or alternative routes and bypassing standstill traffic.
7. Space-saving Vehicle/Portable. There are several pros and cons of electric scooters in cities. However, one major advantage of using or owning an electric scooter like Mearth S Pro in the city is its space-saving benefit. It is lightweight, compact, foldable and portable making it easy for riders to store it in a small space and bring anywhere, even inside elevators and establishments. As a result, there’s no need for parking. If more commuters use e-scooters, it is possible to reduce the number of parked cars that are congesting city streets.
8. Provides Accessibility. Riding an electric scooter usually doesn’t require (yet) getting a license or registration. And learning to ride it is easy. Fewer requirements, affordability, and availability make e-scooters a more attractive option for commuters, especially those who need a hassle-free daily ride. Anyone can ride electric scooters as long as they are of minimum age, as indicated in the law.
9. Security/Safety. Cars pose a higher security risk than electric scooters. Although there are reports of stolen electric scooters in Australia, there is still a lower chance of having your e-scooter stolen, as long as you lock your electric scooter properly and securely when parking in public, you don’t have to worry about losing it. Or, you can simply carry the e-scooter with you if you are wary of parking it outside.
10. Improves one’s lifestyle. In case you haven’t noticed, if you are a rider, you have actually improved your lifestyle. How? Having your own way of transport means that you are no longer stressed having to wait for the bus that’s often very delayed arriving at the waiting station. You can readily move about, wherever, and whenever you want.
What Freedom! The best part is that you get to avoid bottlenecks on the road. Many of those who take their rides on a scooter have likewise shared that their cheerfulness levels improved as they got to see and appreciate the scenery – it shows on their faces.
11. Extra Health Benefits. Standing on an electric scooter is better than sitting in a car, especially if you get stuck in traffic. Although riding e-scooters won’t help you gain much muscles or lose a lot of weight, it gives riders a low-impact activity that is enough to help you gain extra health benefits. What are they? Burning calories, strengthening core muscles, improving balance, and promoting better posture, among many others.
12. Fun Travels. Finally, electric scooters add more fun and adventure to your daily commutes. Many riders enjoy the feel of the wind blowing past their face and the thrill from its speed. Oh yes! Making one’s daily commute in the wide, open spaces, taking in fresh air and sometimes the gentle breeze touching your face does help to reduce stress. Cruising, breezing, coasting through is one of the most pleasurable sensations experienced by the human brain. Aside from this, it helps relieve stress for some riders, as they can ride anywhere and anytime. It is easy and convenient to make a quick detour to the park or movies riding an e-scooter since you don’t have to worry about parking space and fuel costs. Riding an e-scooter can make you feel like a kid again as you enjoy zipping through the streets.
Now, the time to switch to e-scooters. Are e-scooters worth it? Definitely and without a doubt! Electric scooters offer a range of advantages, from practical, economic and environmental benefits to fun, leisurely and health perks. Who knows? You may find more benefits to using them, depending on your needs. For your everyday ride, consider riding an e-scooter today – it’s affordable, portable, lightweight, and easy-to-use, anytime.
Mearth Technology aims to make transportation convenient, accessible, and sustainable by providing affordable electric scooters, incessantly innovating to build even more efficient electric scooters in Australia. To know more, check out www.mearth.com.au. and be delighted about Mearth’s top-tier, high-performing electric scooters models, from entry-level, to commuter and long-range e-scooters to off-road heavy-duty electric scooters best known as road champions.